By Dave Thomas, David Heinemeier Hansson, Sam Ruby
Ruby on Rails is helping you produce top quality, beautiful-looking net functions speedy. you consider developing the appliance, and Rails looks after the details.
Tens of hundreds of thousands of builders have used this award-winning booklet to benefit Rails. It's a extensive, far-reaching educational and reference that's instructed by way of the Rails middle group. If you're new to Rails, you'll get step by step assistance. If you're an skilled developer, this booklet provides you with the excellent, insider details you need.
Rails has advanced through the years, and this booklet has advanced besides it. We nonetheless commence with a step by step walkthrough of establishing a true program, and in-depth chapters examine the integrated Rails gains. This variation now offers new Ruby and Rails clients additional information at the Ruby language and takes extra time to provide an explanation for key options all through. top practices on the best way to practice Rails proceed to alter, and this version retains up. Examples use cookie subsidized periods, HTTP authentication, and lively Record-based kinds, and the ebook focuses all through at the correct approach to use Rails. also, this variation now displays Ruby 1.9, a brand new free up of Ruby with huge useful and function improvements.
Read or Download Agile Web Development with Rails (4th edition) PDF
Best web development books
Because the visual appeal of the phone and capsule desktops, we're experiencing a increase in cellular layout. And, because it occurs with the improvement of latest instruments and applied sciences, a few tendencies and styles are already verified. With this book "Mobile layout Patterns", you'll study crucial guidance and methods for cellular layout, together with strategies for types, tap-ahead styles and UX methods.
Ten sensible tasks that workout your ability, construct your self belief, and assist you grasp jQuery
• See what percentage of jQuery's equipment and houses are utilized in genuine occasions. Covers jQuery 1. nine.
• learn how to construct jQuery from resource documents, write jQuery plugins, and use jQuery UI and jQuery Mobile.
• Familiarise your self with the newest comparable applied sciences like HTML5, CSS3, and frameworks like Knockout. js.
jQuery Hotshot walks you step-by-step via 10 tasks designed to familiarise you with the jQuery library and similar applied sciences. every one undertaking makes a speciality of a specific topic or part of the API, but in addition seems to be at whatever comparable, like jQuery's legit templates, or an HTML5 characteristic like localStorage. construct your wisdom of jQuery and comparable technologies.
Learn a wide swathe of the API, as much as and together with jQuery 1. nine, by means of finishing the 10 person tasks lined within the book.
Some of the tasks that we'll paintings via over the process this e-book comprise a drag-and-drop puzzle video game, a browser extension, a multi-file drag-and-drop uploader, an unlimited scroller, a sortable desk, and a warmth map.
Learn which jQuery equipment and strategies to exploit within which events with jQuery Hotshots.
What you are going to research from this booklet
• tips on how to use the newest model of jQuery (1. nine) in real-world occasions.
• Create a jQuery plugin established for enterprise and maintainability.
• build a customized model of jQuery utilizing Node. js and Grunt. js, and easy methods to run unit exams utilizing qUnit.
• construct on best of on-line companies like Google Maps to create interactive interfaces.
• Use templating frameworks to simply and successfully create repetitive components of the web page populated with info.
• start with the similar jQuery-powered frameworks jQuery UI and jQuery cellular.
• Produce interactive interfaces that reply to person interactions utilizing the Model-View-View version framework Knockout. js.
• Use the newest net criteria like HTML5 and CSS3 to create appealing and semantic websites.
This e-book takes a hands-on, tutorial-style method that walks you step -by -step via 10 person tasks that every concentrate on generating a selected, real-world product or software.
Who this publication is written for
This e-book is aimed basically at front-end builders, ideally already with a bit jQuery adventure, or these people who easily are looking to construct on their latest abilities with jQuery.
While you are an online clothier, or are in your method to changing into one, you recognize the significance of staying updated with the newest instruments, thoughts, and tendencies of the enterprise. studying CSS expertise and consistently enhancing your layout and developer abilities are crucial parts of your good fortune.
In this 5th version website design: innovations AND TEMPLATES, well known writer and internet developer Clint Eccher teaches starting to intermediate net designers, via case experiences and necessary advice and methods, the way to create beautiful, quickly, and effective web pages. as well as the worthwhile guideline, readers also will have entry to greater than two hundred thoroughly customizable layout templates. Eccher covers crucial subject matters, from knowing how net improvement works this day to operating with consumers, bettering usability, realizing photos, and lots more and plenty extra. The integrated case reports disguise numerous standards and layout kinds.
Bring up your improvement talents through leveraging each to be had ounce of jQuery
About This Book
• Create and decouple customized occasion kinds to successfully use them and fit your users' needs
• include customized, optimized types of the jQuery library into your pages to maximise the potency of your website
• Get the main out of jQuery through gaining publicity to real-world examples with methods and tips on how to increase your skills
Who This publication Is For
What you'll Learn
• how you can higher manage your code, utilizing one of many many layout styles to be had for the library
• boost your talents extra in the various middle jQuery topics, corresponding to occasion dealing with, utilizing AJAX, and animating elements
• improve your abilities inside of applied sciences the place it's possible you'll no longer think about using jQuery, equivalent to the web page Visibility API or utilizing node-webKit
• discover many of the extra complex assistance and methods for optimizing jQuery to keep up performance
• how you can enhance your improvement workflow whilst trying out jQuery to aid lessen the handbook attempt had to produce results
• Automate trying out utilizing NodeJS and RequireJS
Mastering jQuery has been written not just to aid maximize your talents with middle performance within the library, but in addition to discover a few of the extra exciting methods of utilizing the library to accomplish real-world options that can function on any site or on-line environment.
You'll commence with a glance at the various extra complex how you can include the library into your pages, by means of operating with varieties and complex shape validation utilizing average expressions. subsequent you'll circulation directly to animating in jQuery, complex occasion dealing with, and utilizing jQuery effects.
Finally, you are going to boost useful examples of utilizing jQuery with exterior performance akin to node-webkit, earlier than completing with a consultation on optimizing your model of the library for max potency and exploring top practices for utilizing QUnit.
- CSS Text
- The Definitive Guide to Drupal 7
- Beginning HTML and CSS
- Joomla! Start to Finish
- Microsoft Expression Web 3: Comprehensive (Shelly Cashman)
Extra resources for Agile Web Development with Rails (4th edition)
0 printing, October 28, 2010) 35 W HAT W E J UST D ID If you can’t find a binary version or if you’d rather build from source anyway, you’ll need a development environment on your machine to build the library. Under Windows, this means having a copy of Visual C++. Under Linux, you’ll need gcc and friends (but these will likely already be installed). Under OS X, you’ll need to install the developer tools (they come with the operating system but aren’t installed by default). You’ll also need to install your database driver into the correct version of Ruby.
Com/Products/Komodo/) is ActiveState’s IDE for dynamic languages, including Ruby. html) is a commercial IDE for Ruby, and is available for free to qualified educational and open source projects. Runs on Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux. Ask experienced developers who use your kind of operating system which editor they use. Spend a week or so trying alternatives before settling in. The Desktop We’re not going to tell you how to organize your desktop while working with Rails, but we will describe what we do.
Later, as we write application code and run it via our browser, we’ll be able to use this console window to trace the incoming requests. When the time comes to shut down your application, you can press Ctrl-C in this window to stop WEBrick. ) At this point, we have a new application running, but it has none of our code in it. Let’s rectify this situation. 2 Hello, Rails! ” program to try a new system. Let’s start by creating a simple application that sends our cheery greeting to a browser. After we get that working, we will embellish it with the current time and links.