By Whitney Quesenbery, Sarah Horton
While you're in control of the person adventure, improvement, or process for an internet site, an online for everybody can help you're making your website available with no sacrificing layout or innovation. Rooted in common layout rules, this e-book presents suggestions: sensible suggestion and examples of the way to create websites that everybody can use.
Read Online or Download A Web for Everyone: Designing Accessible User Experiences (1st Edition) PDF
Similar web development books
Because the visual appeal of the cellphone and pill pcs, we're experiencing a increase in cellular layout. And, because it occurs with the improvement of latest contraptions and applied sciences, a few tendencies and styles are already confirmed. With this booklet "Mobile layout Patterns", you'll examine crucial guidance and techniques for cellular layout, together with ideas for varieties, tap-ahead styles and UX methods.
Ten sensible tasks that workout your ability, construct your self belief, and assist you grasp jQuery
• See what percentage of jQuery's equipment and homes are utilized in genuine events. Covers jQuery 1. nine.
• learn how to construct jQuery from resource records, write jQuery plugins, and use jQuery UI and jQuery Mobile.
• Familiarise your self with the newest comparable applied sciences like HTML5, CSS3, and frameworks like Knockout. js.
jQuery Hotshot walks you step-by-step via 10 tasks designed to familiarise you with the jQuery library and comparable applied sciences. each one venture makes a speciality of a specific topic or component of the API, but additionally seems to be at anything comparable, like jQuery's reputable templates, or an HTML5 characteristic like localStorage. construct your wisdom of jQuery and similar technologies.
Learn a wide swathe of the API, as much as and together with jQuery 1. nine, by means of finishing the 10 person tasks lined within the book.
Some of the tasks that we'll paintings via over the process this booklet comprise a drag-and-drop puzzle video game, a browser extension, a multi-file drag-and-drop uploader, an enormous scroller, a sortable desk, and a warmth map.
Learn which jQuery equipment and methods to take advantage of within which occasions with jQuery Hotshots.
What you'll examine from this booklet
• use the newest model of jQuery (1. nine) in real-world occasions.
• Create a jQuery plugin dependent for company and maintainability.
• build a customized model of jQuery utilizing Node. js and Grunt. js, and how to run unit exams utilizing qUnit.
• construct on most sensible of on-line prone like Google Maps to create interactive interfaces.
• Use templating frameworks to simply and successfully create repetitive components of the web page populated with info.
• start with the similar jQuery-powered frameworks jQuery UI and jQuery cellular.
• Produce interactive interfaces that reply to person interactions utilizing the Model-View-View version framework Knockout. js.
• Use the most recent net criteria like HTML5 and CSS3 to create beautiful and semantic web content.
This e-book takes a hands-on, tutorial-style procedure that walks you step -by -step via 10 person tasks that every specialize in generating a selected, real-world product or software.
Who this booklet is written for
This ebook is aimed basically at front-end builders, ideally already with a bit jQuery event, or these people who easily are looking to construct on their current abilities with jQuery.
When you are an online dressmaker, or are in your method to turning into one, you recognize the significance of staying up to date with the newest instruments, innovations, and tendencies of the enterprise. studying CSS know-how and continuously bettering your layout and developer abilities are crucial parts of your good fortune.
In this 5th version website design: strategies AND TEMPLATES, renowned writer and net developer Clint Eccher teaches starting to intermediate internet designers, via case stories and worthwhile information and strategies, the right way to create appealing, speedy, and effective web content. as well as the beneficial guideline, readers also will have entry to greater than two hundred thoroughly customizable layout templates. Eccher covers crucial themes, from figuring out how internet improvement works this day to operating with consumers, improving usability, figuring out portraits, and masses extra. The integrated case experiences hide quite a few standards and layout forms.
Raise your improvement abilities through leveraging each to be had ounce of jQuery
About This Book
• Create and decouple customized occasion forms to successfully use them and fit your users' needs
• comprise customized, optimized models of the jQuery library into your pages to maximise the potency of your website
• Get the main out of jQuery via gaining publicity to real-world examples with methods and easy methods to improve your skills
Who This e-book Is For
What you'll Learn
• find out how to greater set up your code, utilizing one of many many layout styles to be had for the library
• strengthen your abilities additional in a number of the middle jQuery matters, corresponding to occasion dealing with, utilizing AJAX, and animating elements
• advance your abilities inside of applied sciences the place you may no longer think about using jQuery, corresponding to the web page Visibility API or utilizing node-webKit
• discover many of the extra complicated counsel and methods for optimizing jQuery to take care of performance
• the right way to enhance your improvement workflow while trying out jQuery to assist decrease the handbook attempt had to produce results
• Automate checking out utilizing NodeJS and RequireJS
Mastering jQuery has been written not just to assist maximize your talents with middle performance within the library, but additionally to discover many of the extra fascinating methods of utilizing the library to accomplish real-world ideas that can function on any site or on-line environment.
You'll commence with a glance at the various extra complex how one can contain the library into your pages, by way of operating with kinds and complex shape validation utilizing typical expressions. subsequent you'll flow directly to animating in jQuery, complex occasion dealing with, and utilizing jQuery effects.
Finally, you are going to enhance useful examples of utilizing jQuery with exterior performance corresponding to node-webkit, ahead of completing with a consultation on optimizing your model of the library for max potency and exploring most sensible practices for utilizing QUnit.
- WordPress Multisite Administration
- WordPress Multisite Administration
- PHPUnit Essentials
- Learning Raphaël JS Vector Graphics
- Beginning Amazon Web Services with Node.js
- Intelligent Technologies for Web Applications
Additional info for A Web for Everyone: Designing Accessible User Experiences (1st Edition)
Luckily, there are a couple more ways of storing data. First, we’ll look at a more readable way of populating arrays, and then move on to the preferred method, storing data as an object. Associative arrays The beatles array is an example of a numeric array. The index for each element is a number that increments with each addition to the array. The index of the first element is zero, the index of the second element is one, and so on. If you only specify the values of an array, then that array will be numeric.