By Liyang Yu
The Semantic internet represents a imaginative and prescient for the way to make the massive quantity of data on the internet instantly processable via machines on a wide scale. For this function, an entire suite of criteria, applied sciences and similar instruments were unique and built during the last couple of years, they usually have now turn into the root for various new applications.
A Developer’s advisor to the Semantic Web is helping the reader to profit the center criteria, key parts, and underlying thoughts. It presents in-depth assurance of either the what-is and how-to elements of the Semantic internet. From Yu’s presentation, the reader will receive not just a great figuring out concerning the Semantic net, but additionally find out how to mix everything to construct new functions at the Semantic Web.
Software builders in and scholars focusing on net improvement or Semantic net applied sciences will locate during this publication the main whole consultant to this intriguing box to be had this present day. according to the step by step presentation of real-world tasks, the place the applied sciences and criteria are utilized, they are going to gather the information had to layout and enforce state of the art applications.
Read or Download A Developers Guide to the Semantic Web PDF
Best web development books
Because the visual appeal of the cellphone and capsule pcs, we're experiencing a growth in cellular layout. And, because it occurs with the advance of recent contraptions and applied sciences, a few tendencies and styles are already validated. With this booklet "Mobile layout Patterns", you'll examine an important guidance and methods for cellular layout, together with suggestions for types, tap-ahead styles and UX techniques.
Ten functional initiatives that workout your ability, construct your self assurance, and assist you grasp jQuery
• See what percentage of jQuery's tools and houses are utilized in actual occasions. Covers jQuery 1. nine.
• discover ways to construct jQuery from resource documents, write jQuery plugins, and use jQuery UI and jQuery Mobile.
• Familiarise your self with the newest comparable applied sciences like HTML5, CSS3, and frameworks like Knockout. js.
jQuery Hotshot walks you step-by-step via 10 tasks designed to familiarise you with the jQuery library and similar applied sciences. every one venture specializes in a specific topic or component to the API, but additionally seems to be at anything comparable, like jQuery's respectable templates, or an HTML5 characteristic like localStorage. construct your wisdom of jQuery and comparable technologies.
Learn a wide swathe of the API, as much as and together with jQuery 1. nine, by way of finishing the 10 person tasks coated within the book.
Some of the tasks that we'll paintings via over the process this booklet contain a drag-and-drop puzzle video game, a browser extension, a multi-file drag-and-drop uploader, an unlimited scroller, a sortable desk, and a warmth map.
Learn which jQuery tools and strategies to take advantage of within which occasions with jQuery Hotshots.
What you'll study from this ebook
• the right way to use the most recent model of jQuery (1. nine) in real-world events.
• Create a jQuery plugin established for employer and maintainability.
• build a customized model of jQuery utilizing Node. js and Grunt. js, and how you can run unit exams utilizing qUnit.
• construct on best of on-line providers like Google Maps to create interactive interfaces.
• Use templating frameworks to simply and successfully create repetitive components of the web page populated with information.
• start with the similar jQuery-powered frameworks jQuery UI and jQuery cellular.
• Produce interactive interfaces that reply to person interactions utilizing the Model-View-View version framework Knockout. js.
• Use the newest internet criteria like HTML5 and CSS3 to create beautiful and semantic web content.
This booklet takes a hands-on, tutorial-style method that walks you step -by -step via 10 person initiatives that every specialise in generating a selected, real-world product or program.
Who this e-book is written for
This booklet is aimed basically at front-end builders, ideally already with a bit jQuery event, or these people who easily are looking to construct on their present talents with jQuery.
While you're an online fashion designer, or are in your method to turning into one, you recognize the significance of staying updated with the newest instruments, recommendations, and traits of the company. studying CSS know-how and constantly enhancing your layout and developer abilities are crucial components of your good fortune.
In this 5th version website design: suggestions AND TEMPLATES, renowned writer and internet developer Clint Eccher teaches commencing to intermediate internet designers, via case experiences and priceless information and methods, tips to create beautiful, quickly, and effective web pages. as well as the valuable guide, readers also will have entry to greater than 2 hundred thoroughly customizable layout templates. Eccher covers crucial issues, from figuring out how net improvement works this day to operating with consumers, improving usability, realizing photographs, and masses extra. The integrated case stories hide various requisites and layout forms.
Increase your improvement abilities by way of leveraging each on hand ounce of jQuery
About This Book
• Create and decouple customized occasion varieties to successfully use them and fit your users' needs
• contain customized, optimized types of the jQuery library into your pages to maximise the potency of your website
• Get the main out of jQuery by way of gaining publicity to real-world examples with methods and find out how to increase your skills
Who This ebook Is For
What you'll Learn
• easy methods to larger manage your code, utilizing one of many many layout styles to be had for the library
• improve your abilities extra in a few of the middle jQuery topics, comparable to occasion dealing with, utilizing AJAX, and animating elements
• strengthen your talents inside applied sciences the place chances are you'll now not think about using jQuery, resembling the web page Visibility API or utilizing node-webKit
• discover a few of the extra complicated suggestions and methods for optimizing jQuery to take care of performance
• the best way to enhance your improvement workflow whilst checking out jQuery to aid decrease the handbook attempt had to produce results
• Automate trying out utilizing NodeJS and RequireJS
Mastering jQuery has been written not just to aid maximize your talents with middle performance within the library, but in addition to discover a few of the extra exciting methods of utilizing the library to accomplish real-world recommendations that can characteristic on any web site or on-line environment.
You'll begin with a glance at a few of the extra complicated how you can contain the library into your pages, by means of operating with types and complex shape validation utilizing normal expressions. subsequent you'll circulate directly to animating in jQuery, complex occasion dealing with, and utilizing jQuery effects.
Finally, you'll boost sensible examples of utilizing jQuery with exterior performance resembling node-webkit, prior to completing with a consultation on optimizing your model of the library for max potency and exploring most sensible practices for utilizing QUnit.
- Getting Started with Drupal Commerce
- The Art and Science of Web Design
- Xcode 4 Cookbook
- UI Design with Adobe Illustrator: Discover the ease and power of using Illustrator to design Web sites and apps
Extra resources for A Developers Guide to the Semantic Web
Imaginably, such a dataset will not be of much use if it does not have any link to other datasets. Therefore, one important design principle is to make sure that each such dataset has outgoing links to other datasets. Therefore, publishing structured data online and adding links among these datasets are the key aspects of the Linked Data concept. The Linked Data principles have specified the steps of accomplishing these key aspects. Without going into the details of Linked Data principles, understand that the term of Linked Data refers to a set of best practices for publishing and connecting structured data on the Web.
Web browsers, Web servers, and even search engines do not actually distinguish weather forecasts from scientific papers and cannot even tell a personal home page from a major corporate Web site. Search engines are therefore forced to do keyword-matching only: as long as a given document contains the keyword(s), it will be included in the candidate set that is later presented to the user as the search result. If we had the magic power, we would re-construct the whole Web such that computers not only can present the information that is contained in the Web documents, but can also understand the very information they are presenting so they can make intelligent decisions on our behalf.
And clearly, any new fact can be easily added to an existing graph to make it more expressive. 1, representing a concrete implementation of the RDF abstract model. For any given RDF statement, both its subject and object are simple names for things in the world, and they are said to refer to or denote these things. Note that these things can be anything, concrete or abstract. 1 has its object referring to PictureQuality, an abstract thing (concept). 2 The Abstract Model of RDF 27 In the world of RDF, the thing that a given subject or object denotes, be it concrete or abstract, is called resource.