By Jamie Munro
There's no use to reinvent the wheel whenever you run right into a challenge with ASP.NET's Model-View-Controller (MVC) framework. This concise cookbook presents recipes that will help you resolve initiatives many internet builders stumble upon each day. every one recipe comprises the C# code you would like, besides a whole for instance of the way to enforce the answer. study sensible ideas for utilising consumer authentication, supplying speedier web page reloads, validating person info, filtering seek effects, and lots of different matters with regards to MVC3 development.
those recipes aid you:
* limit entry to perspectives with password defense
* enable clients to add and store a dossier on your site
* enforce AJAX to permit clients to work out up to date content material speedy
* Validate shape enter to make sure the knowledge you seize is what you predict
* Create thumbnails to preview photos instead of view them significant
* supply your internet program the facility to alter languages
* Use CAPTCHA to avoid computerized courses from finishing types
* Make URLs extra person- and search-engine-friendly with the MapRoute functionality
Read Online or Download 20 Recipes for Programming MVC 3: Faster, Smarter Web Development PDF
Similar web development books
Because the visual appeal of the telephone and capsule pcs, we're experiencing a growth in cellular layout. And, because it occurs with the advance of latest instruments and applied sciences, a few tendencies and styles are already validated. With this e-book "Mobile layout Patterns", you'll examine an important guidance and methods for cellular layout, together with ideas for types, tap-ahead styles and UX methods.
Ten useful initiatives that workout your ability, construct your self belief, and assist you grasp jQuery
• See what percentage of jQuery's equipment and homes are utilized in genuine occasions. Covers jQuery 1. nine.
• discover ways to construct jQuery from resource records, write jQuery plugins, and use jQuery UI and jQuery Mobile.
• Familiarise your self with the newest comparable applied sciences like HTML5, CSS3, and frameworks like Knockout. js.
jQuery Hotshot walks you step-by-step via 10 initiatives designed to familiarise you with the jQuery library and comparable applied sciences. each one venture makes a speciality of a selected topic or element of the API, but additionally seems at anything similar, like jQuery's respectable templates, or an HTML5 characteristic like localStorage. construct your wisdom of jQuery and similar technologies.
Learn a wide swathe of the API, as much as and together with jQuery 1. nine, through finishing the 10 person tasks coated within the book.
Some of the tasks that we'll paintings via over the process this e-book contain a drag-and-drop puzzle video game, a browser extension, a multi-file drag-and-drop uploader, an unlimited scroller, a sortable desk, and a warmth map.
Learn which jQuery tools and strategies to take advantage of within which occasions with jQuery Hotshots.
What you'll research from this ebook
• the right way to use the newest model of jQuery (1. nine) in real-world occasions.
• Create a jQuery plugin dependent for supplier and maintainability.
• build a customized model of jQuery utilizing Node. js and Grunt. js, and the best way to run unit assessments utilizing qUnit.
• construct on most sensible of on-line providers like Google Maps to create interactive interfaces.
• Use templating frameworks to simply and successfully create repetitive components of the web page populated with info.
• start with the similar jQuery-powered frameworks jQuery UI and jQuery cellular.
• Produce interactive interfaces that reply to consumer interactions utilizing the Model-View-View version framework Knockout. js.
• Use the most recent net criteria like HTML5 and CSS3 to create beautiful and semantic web content.
This publication takes a hands-on, tutorial-style process that walks you step -by -step via 10 person tasks that every specialize in generating a selected, real-world product or software.
Who this e-book is written for
This ebook is aimed essentially at front-end builders, ideally already with a bit jQuery event, or these people who easily are looking to construct on their current talents with jQuery.
While you're an online fashion designer, or are in your solution to changing into one, you recognize the significance of staying up to date with the newest instruments, concepts, and developments of the company. studying CSS know-how and continuously enhancing your layout and developer abilities are crucial components of your luck.
In this 5th variation website design: strategies AND TEMPLATES, renowned writer and internet developer Clint Eccher teaches commencing to intermediate net designers, via case experiences and priceless tips and methods, find out how to create beautiful, quick, and effective web content. as well as the worthy guide, readers also will have entry to greater than 2 hundred thoroughly customizable layout templates. Eccher covers crucial subject matters, from knowing how net improvement works at the present time to operating with consumers, bettering usability, realizing pictures, and masses extra. The incorporated case reviews hide various necessities and layout varieties.
Increase your improvement talents by means of leveraging each to be had ounce of jQuery
About This Book
• Create and decouple customized occasion kinds to successfully use them and fit your users' needs
• include customized, optimized types of the jQuery library into your pages to maximise the potency of your website
• Get the main out of jQuery by way of gaining publicity to real-world examples with tips and find out how to increase your skills
Who This booklet Is For
What you are going to Learn
• the right way to higher set up your code, utilizing one of many many layout styles on hand for the library
• strengthen your abilities additional in the various middle jQuery matters, akin to occasion dealing with, utilizing AJAX, and animating elements
• improve your abilities inside of applied sciences the place you may now not think about using jQuery, similar to the web page Visibility API or utilizing node-webKit
• discover a few of the extra complicated advice and methods for optimizing jQuery to take care of performance
• methods to enhance your improvement workflow whilst trying out jQuery to aid lessen the guide attempt had to produce results
• Automate trying out utilizing NodeJS and RequireJS
Mastering jQuery has been written not just to aid maximize your talents with middle performance within the library, but in addition to discover the various extra fascinating methods of utilizing the library to accomplish real-world strategies which may characteristic on any web site or on-line environment.
You'll begin with a glance at the various extra complicated how you can include the library into your pages, by means of operating with types and complex shape validation utilizing ordinary expressions. subsequent you'll stream directly to animating in jQuery, complicated occasion dealing with, and utilizing jQuery effects.
Finally, you are going to strengthen useful examples of utilizing jQuery with exterior performance equivalent to node-webkit, prior to completing with a consultation on optimizing your model of the library for max potency and exploring top practices for utilizing QUnit.
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design and Web Premium Digital Classroom
- Das Beste an HTML & CSS
- Drupal Web Services
- The Elements of Content Strategy
Additional info for 20 Recipes for Programming MVC 3: Faster, Smarter Web Development
Online Resources As the owner of a Missing Manual, you’ve got more than just a book to read. Online, you’ll find example files, and you can also communicate with the Missing Manual team to tell us what you love (or hate) about the book. com, or go directly to one of the following sections. The Missing CD This book doesn’t have a CD pasted inside the back cover, but you’re not missing out on anything. com/cds/dreamweavercs6mm/ to download the tutorials and sample pages mentioned in this book. And so you don’t wear down your fingers typing long web addresses, the Missing CD page offers a list of clickable links to the websites mentioned in the book, too.
Com/feedback. Errata To keep this book as up to date and accurate as possible, each time we print more copies, we’ll make any confirmed corrections you suggest. We also note such changes on the book’s website, so you can mark important corrections into your own copy of the book, if you like. And if you bought the ebook from us and registered your purchase, you’ll get an email notifying you when you can download a free updated version of this edition of the ebook. com/c9cz8kv to report an error and view existing corrections.
You can move a panel to another area of your screen by dragging its tabs as described earlier. This trick is especially useful if you have a large monitor, since you can place one group of panels on the right edge of the monitor and another group either next to the first one or on the left side of the monitor. As described in “Floating Panels” on page 36, you can also create untethered panels. If you've got two monitors, you can spread the panels across both screens. 38 Dreamweaver CS6: The Missing Manual To save your layout, select New Workspace from the Workspace Switcher menu in the Application bar, or choose Window→Workspace Layout→New Workspace.